RHW-2, USE-2 and RHH cables are bare copper with cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation. RHW wires are an underground service entrance cable for direct burial in which the conductor temperature will not exceed 90 degrees Celsius wet or dry. RHW-2/USE-2 and RHH cables have a voltage rating of 600 volts, and are high-heat, moisture and sunlight resistant. Applications include lighting and power along with general wiring applications. RHW cables can be used in raceway, duct, direct burial, and aerial installations. These products are available in 12-4 AWG.
Cross-Linked Polyethylene Standards:
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories as Type USE-2 (90 degrees Celsius wet or dry) per Standard 854 for Service Entrance Cables
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories as Type RHW-2 (90 degrees Celsius wet or dry) or RHH (90 degrees Celsius dry) per Standard 44
- Conforms to ICEA Pub. No.S-66-524, utilizing Column A insulation thickness
- Conforms to Federal Specifications J-C-30B
- Sizes 12-4 AWG stranded copper approved under FAA Advisory Circular 150/5345-7D per spec L-824 Airport Lighting Cable
Cross-Linked Polyethylene Construction:
- Anneald copper conductor
- XLP thermosetting chemically cross-linked polyethylene insulation
- Surface printed
|Ampacity||Aprox. Wt. Lb/1000 Ft.|
|Size AWG or kcmil||No of Strands||Insulation Thickness Mils||Nom. Diam Inches||90 ° C * USE-2 RHW-2 RHH||75 ° C ** USE RHW||Net||Shipping|
** AMPACITY in accordance with NEC for not more than three conductors. As RHW: in raceway, 75°C conductor temperature and 30°C ambient in wet or dry locations. As USE: direct burial, 75°C conductor temperature and 30°C ambient in wet locations.* AMPACITY in accordance with NEC for not more than three conductors. As RHW-2 in Raceway, 90°C conductor temperature and 30°C ambient in wet or dry locations. As RHH: in raceway,90°C. Conductor temperature and 30°C ambient in dry locations. As USE -2: direct burial, 90°C conductor. Temperature and 30°C ambient in wet locations.
Performance Wire and Cable boasts tough, high quality underground service entrance cable. For more information on our RHW wire, or to request a quote, contact us today.