The wire and cable industry can potentially present various hazards if safety precautions and measures are not met. Some include, but are not limited to, electrical shock, fire, faulty wires, blown circuits, system failures, and more. End users, people like you and me, should never have to deal with these risks. That’s why here at Performance Wire and Cable we take every step necessary to ensure our loyal customers are safe with our products. This mentality gives us the ability to work on small and large projects alike, earning trust from national companies and the local electrician down the street.
- BBB: The Better Business Bureau (BBB) was founded in 1912 as a way to ensure customers were dealing with legitimate businesses. The BBB ranks eligible companies based on consumer complaints, reviews and more. Performance Wire and Cable is proud of our A+ rating from the BBB, and we plan on keeping that rating. Check it out here.
- NACE: We are proud to be a part of the National Association of Corrosion Engineers, an organization dedicated toward furthering education and training on corrosion. Annual conferences and meetings are held for wire and cable industry professionals to share new findings and more. Due to many of our products being submerged underground, in water and other environments where corrosion is prevalent, it is important we focus on this topic! Learn more about corrosion here.
- Intertek: Intertek has been giving companies a competitive edge for more than 130 years by branding them as Trusted Companies. While the company tests, inspects and certifies products across a bevy of industries, they also provide Quality Assurance labeling. Intertek ensures our entire supply chain achieves total Quality Assurance, something our customers love.
- Made in the USA: We are very proud to gain the Made in the USA official stamp and certification. We employ dozens of local employees here in Central New York, and our organization and products meet all necessary standards and requirements. As competitors outsource more and more, we plan on sticking to our roots and continuing to provide jobs here in the states.
- NEMA: Our products meet the strict requirements and guidelines of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association. Read more about NEMA’s accomplishments and goals here.
- UL: UL is an independent safety science company that works with many industries. Its goal in the wire and cable field is to reduce liability and risk across entire supply chains. Again, our customers enjoy the fact that we monitor every step of the process for our products.
- ASTM: Performance Wire and Cable is one of 12,000 or so companies worldwide to be a part of the American Society for Testing and Materials. ASTM helps improve product efficiency and performance, while also driving down costs – which makes our products durable and affordable for our customers.
- IEEE: It shouldn’t come as a surprise that we meet guidelines of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. IEEE encourages research and innovation in technology to benefit humanity.
Performance Wire and Cable doesn’t just stop at “what’s required.” Earning these certifications and meeting these safety and regulation guidelines shows that we care about our products and the people who use them. For more information on the products or services we provide, feel free to contact us by clicking the button below. We’ll be happy to answer any question you may have about the wire and cable industry!