KYNAR cathodic protection cable by Performance Wire and Cable is made with a fluoropolymer insulation that has exceptional resistance to chemicals. KYNAR cable consists of a layer of insulation on the conductor, followed by a layer of HMWPE (high molecular weight polyethylene) insulation. The KYNAR insulation is extremely resistant to chlorine, sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid, which the HMWPE alone cannot withstand. The HMWPE outer jacketing can provide flexible strength and can withstand much abuse during installation without damaging the conductor. KYNAR wire is available in 8 AWG through 1/0 AWG sizes.
KYNAR Applications and Specifications:
- KYNAR / HMWPE cables are used as deep anode lead wires where chlorine and hydrogen gases are generated
- The KYNAR cable can be directly installed in fresh, brackish, or salt waters
- Conductors are stranded bare or tinned copper conductor conforms to ASTM Spec B-3 and B-8
- The primary insulation is a homogeneous 20 mil wall of natural PVDF fluoropolymer (Kynar) shall be extruded around the conductor
- The jacket is a 65 mil wall of high molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE) shall be extruded around the primary insulation, and the jacket conforms to ASTM Spec D 1248
- For identification purpose the cable shall be surface printed with “Manufacturer name Conductor size AWG, KYNAR / HMWPE CATHODIC PROTECTION CABLE.”
|AWG||Strand||Dia||Cir Mils||KYNAR||HMWPE||Dia||Wgt/MFT||DC Ohms|
For more information, or to request a quote, contact us today.